Indoor Cycling, or Spinning™, has been around for more than 20 years. It is a group exercise class, led by qualified instructors, where participants ride stationary bicycles that simulate riding outdoors. Classes are set to high energy music soundtracks which energize riders and push them past their limits for the duration of the class. Indoor cycling is a great way to improve your mind, body and soul; one efficient and effective cardio workout at a time!
The ANSWER IS NO! Indoor cycling is a low-impact cardio workout adaptable to all levels of fitness, from beginner to avid cyclist! You are in control of your ride. Each rider controls the speed and resistance of the pedals on their respective bike. Our instructors will encourage you to push yourself out of your comfort zone, however you are always in control of your own workout. You’ll be amazed how quickly your fitness and strength evolve. You soon will consider yourself SUPER FIT.
We were all newbies at one time. Its time to jump on the saddle, you can do it! Never feel intimidated, our instructors are here to help! A few things to remember when you come in for your first class:
• Come 15 minutes prior to your scheduled class and check yourself in at our front desk
• Introduce yourself to the instructor and inform them that it is your first class. They will show you how to properly set up your bike and explain the mechanics of the bike, how to read the console and adjust the resistance.
• Dress comfortably. Anything that will keep you cool and comfortable, try to avoid baggy sweats, as they could get caught in the bike. As far as shoes, sneakers or cycling shoes are fine
• Bring water (but if you forget, don’t worry... we offer it for sale) ◦ Towels are provided, and trust us you are going to need them!
• Cubbies are available in the studio to store your belongings.
Sign up is easy! Go to the BUY RIDES link on the side of the page, review the CLASS SCHEDULE, click on the desired class and follow the prompts to create your account. Once you have created your account, you can sign up for individual classes and even pick the EXACT bike you wish to ride. This way you know exactly where you need to go when you get into the studio!
Bring water. However, if you forget, no worries, we have bottled water available for purchase. It is important to stay hydrated before, during and after your workout. For your convenience, we do provide towels to wipe off all that SWEAT!
Riders must be 12 years old and 4’10” or taller. The maximum weight limit for the Schwinn AC Performance Plus is 350lbs. As with all exercise programs, it is recommended to consult your physician before you begin.
When you think of bicycles, one name comes to mind... SCHWINN. In fact, in 1995, Schwinn introduced the 1st production bike every designed specifically for indoor group cycling. That is why we decided to go with the ALL NEW SCHWINN AC PERFORMANCE PLUS WITH THE ECHELON CONSOLE. With its revolutionary resistance system, innovative rider fit, and all new Echelon Console which provides measurements such as time, cadence (RPM), telemetry heart rate, calories, speed, distance and gear, SCHWINN has once again RAISED the BAR in indoor ride technology. This powerful combination sets the stage for THE best group cycling experience available.
Each person is different. Depending on the intensity of the class and how hard you push yourself, you can burn anywhere between 400 to 900 calories during a 50 minute class. Don’t worry, your progress and results are easily quantifiable and available at your fingertips with Performance IQ. For those of you who don't wish to display on the boards in class, this is easy to do. When you sign up for MY STATS, make sure you opt out of display!
Indoor cycling offers a variety of benefits:
• An efficient and effective cardiovascular workout
• Low impact on hips, knees and joints
• Excellent for cross training
• Weight loss and muscle toning
• Endorphins released during high intensity workouts help improve mood and overall well being.
Yes, there are cubbies for you to store your belongings inside the actual studio.
No, we do not have shower facilities at this time. Coming straight from the office? There are two bathrooms downstairs that you can change in.
YES! You can purchase a gift card by clicking here. You will be directed to our MINDBODY login page, where you can sign in a purchase a gift card.